Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blogging is an eye opener..

My eyes have been opened!
Wow...blogging is really hard. Or if it I put in better terms it really opens your eyes to how boring your life is.
This car accident reminds me of my blogging experience. So this was probably just a month or two before I left on my mission and the story goes as follows. A little background, Mitch and Riley Roylance were out working all night so Traes and I being the good friends that we are thought we would go  take them food along with our out of town friends lindsey and kim(they were in there own car). But it was about my curfew, so we got mcdonalds then on our way to Roylances I went home and checked in for the night, told my mom I was home and off to bed. Not true, I was going to take Mitch and Riley food then I was going to come back home...so we went out there met up with them in the fields off the gravel road by Mitch's house..then we were on our way back home. The girls took off ahead of us to go back to warden. As Traes and I got in the car something told me not to do anything stupid, especially speed. so guess what I did...I went about 85 to catch up to the girls and try to pass them to look like a cool guy. They wouldn't let me pass on the left so I tried the right side...REMEMBER we are on a gravel road and going a good 70 mph then the went back to the right so I tried off the road on the right, NOT smart..

Anyways one thing led to another and moments later Traes and I rolled probably 3 or 4 times, finishing on the top of the car, I surprisingly calm asked Traes, are you ok? He responded with a few choice words and Ya but I spilt my powerade. Haha after wrecking we were both extremely calm, it was weird. We then had to crawl out the driver's side window, started thinking of what to do, and what our story would be...but as this happened the girls came back scared out of their minds wondering what had happened...at this point I realized all our food went everywhere, found some chicken nuggets I ordered tried to eat them but nope it was too late they were all dirty since we ended up in the corn field. I called Riley to immediately apologize about ruining his dad's corn and explaining what had happened haha..he was like who cares about the corn are you ok? Yes, minus the few scrapes on my back and the glass in my hands(that one piece of glass stayed with me for  a few months and i finally pulled it out while sitting confused in Vanuatu listening what sounded to me as jibberish(just a side note)). Now was the revealing the secret to mom and dad, oh by this point I had already told Jordan haha..but I called my mom and told her what happened(kind of) I told her we almost hit a deer or coyote but dodged it causing us to wreck and she said no you didnt you are downstairs in bed..I said I wish I was but nope I got in a wreck.She said talk to your dad...so my dad thinking we just kind of turned the car slightly on its side in a ditch said roll it over and drive it home...haha I think he was a little sleepy!

Traes and I were very lucky neither of us were hurt!! We both have served faithful two year missions and now I am blogging..haha so how that all relates to my blogging experience...I think something told me not to blog or not do something stupid, but guess what? I didn't listen again, I am blogging...it all happened so fast. I thought I could pass the girls, my mom, danielle, amanda, and all the other blogging wives out there. I suddenly realized I couldn't and wrecked!! Blogging is difficult, you have to be a good writer, have to have an interesting life, take pictures, have to read other blogs, comment on them, blah blah blog!! it's not easy..Good job you consistent bloggers and even you not so consistent bloggers. My eyes are now open and my chicken nuggets are dirty and no longer edible and all I can do is make up some story like I tried to dodge a deer, right?

Now the latest in the life of the soon to be only Reid Baker...Bakers in Utah...Today I tried to surprise but trick Brittany at the same time. So I already ordered flowers to be delivered on Valentines day with other things I was going to do to surprise but today I called her and planned to take her out to dinner so we could celebrate V-day early, just to throw her off my trail really. I brought home a card and her favorite, chocolate covered cinnamon bears. She was not too excited and kept saying its not Valentines day and I said but we are celebrating it early don't worry. She wasn't too excited but this was just so my surprise on V-day would be that much better..but guess what she basically figured it out, at least she did something so I had to tell her about the Flowers so I only have one thing left to surprise her with, lets hope it is as good as I think it is. Haha The things we try to do for love. I am no romantic but I like to try to do weird stuff, to surprise with sweet stuff. It worked to propose and I thought it would work this time. We will keep you posted...hopefully I don't have to make up another deer story to my blogging friends because my surprise turns into another wreck, but we will let you know. Love ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Quinn! I found your blog a week ago through a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend, because that's how blogging works you know :)

    I love your blog. Don't you DARE quit. (You're no quitter, remember?) You do have an interesting life to the rest of us. You do have interesting things to say that I want to hear. You do have fun pictures but I won't get to see them if you don't blog. Successful blogging is all about being willing to share with us what you have.

    Happy Valentines Day . . . early.

    Oh, and I didn't know you were supposed to be in bed when that wreck happened. Amazing what you can learn on a blog :)

    ReplyDelete