Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Vanuatu...The Happiest Place and one of the Happiest Times of my Life!

So today I went to school this morning, a tad tired and not too excited to be there. To be honest it was a pretty typical morning at school, but in my Doctrine and Covenants class we were talking about the time the blacks were given the opportunity to hold the priesthood. To someone like me, at least before my mission this didn't mean much to me or I guess I shouldn't say that but I should say I didn't think much about it! Every Worthy male in my lifetime had the priesthood so I didn't think too much about what race they were every man that was worthy to hold it I though deserved to hold it. But as I served my mission and as it was talked about today, the spirit was especially strong about the importance of blacks or every worthy male receiving the priesthood.

A branch president in front of the church building! This branch was in the absolute middle of no where, we were literally the only truck that traveled to this place! 

I served amongst some of the most faithful members of the church ever I will never them, they mean sooo much to me and the growth in my life! I can't imagine going there and them not be able to hold the priesthood. I can say that I had many opportunities in my mission to use my priesthood for blessings, baptisms, leading sacrament, etc...but I served with missionaries or people that were an example to me and how to use the priesthood. They walked a couple of hours to and from church, they asked me if they weren't worthy to bless the sacrament because someone got food poisoning from a fish they caught, they stopped priesthood to go and push someone's car for them, they had nothing yet they always gave, and they wanted to help or do whatever they could. I would give anything to go back and visit them and let them know I still think about and pray for them but more importantly I want to thank them for what they made me into.
Where Priesthood was held on Sunday's, fancy huh?
Two of my favorite people and two Great missionaries! Elder Sovuai and Elder Vano!

These are some of the greatest people out there, I don't care what other people have to say! They are happy with nothing and are nothing but happy! I love and miss them! 

For Brittany and mine update lately it goes as follows, Brittany is stressed with school, I am stressed trying to keep her happy, and we are both really looking forward to March Madness :)

Quote of the day: " Expect great things from God, attempt great things for Him."

3 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this post. I needed a positive boost. I only got a small taste of a mission when we went to Africa for two months and I can not wait to go when we are old! There is nothing better then to watch people serve each other especially when they have nothing to give, but themselves. It makes me want to strive to serve more.

    Keep making your wife happy and we are just as excited for March Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we watch March Madness together? I miss you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete